Originally a branch office of a larger MGA, the doors first opened in 1997 under the direction of Ken Robinette with a total of four employees. The company has grown and changed over the years, finally becoming an independent office on January 1st, 2006. The employee workforce now totals twenty one including three of the four original members.
When Bellingham Underwriters was imagined, the objective was to create a place where meeting the customer’s needs was top priority. Each member of the staff has been given the highest level of authority to accomplish this goal.
BUI is not a template underwriting facility; critical thinking is used in every decision we make allowing us to come to the best solution for our producers and carriers alike.
WHY CHOOSE US?
It is BU's goal to provide high quality, financially secure insurance products with the finest customer service in the industry. We write all classes and sizes of transportation business including those harder to place mixed operations.
- Every risk is evaluated individually providing a stable product for the life of any transportation entity.
- Rates are based on mileage so the insured is only paying premium on actual exposure not how far they might travel.
- Our ability to accept all sizes and classes of transportation means we can help you with those accounts that don't seem to fit elsewhere.
- It's not a problem for BUI to write mixed operations so you have a spot for those harder to place risks with us.
- Policies are issued on a package basis making it possible to include all necessary coverage with a single point of contact.
Are you a Producer?
Bellingham Underwriters is always open to developing a good relationship with new retail partners. Does your agency approach fit? Ask yourself the following questions to find out:
- Are you looking for a long term stable product with an "A" rated admitted carrier?
- Do your agents know and understand their clients and the business being submitted?
- Do you do the research to be able to provide complete and accurate information on all risks?
- Is a better overall product more important to you than the cheapest price?
- Do you have a desire to work with knowledgeable and flexible underwriters instead of just a binding authority?
- Are you willing to collaborate with our underwriters to write business rather than just submitting risks for quoting?
- Is the majority of the business you target eligible for our program?
If you share our desire to write, keep and maintain profitable business, you may be an ideal candidate. After creating an account, please send your completed agency questionnaire to email@example.com